Bank of America added more than 2 million active digital clients last year, bringing its total number of verified digital users to more than 54 million. That’s a single-year record, the company said.
The bank’s clients logged in to its digital platforms a record 10.5 billion times in 2021, a year-over-year increase of 15%.
As of January 2022, the bank reports that
- 16 million active Zelle® users – including small businesses
- Its clients send more Zelle transactions than physical checks written in 2021 – 514 million compared to 453 million, respectively
- 86% of the bank’s deposits are made through digital or ATM channels.
- Small business digital sales are nearly 300% above pre-2020 levels
- Digital sales account for nearly 50% of total sales.
“Now more than ever, consumers and businesses depend on digital, and Bank of America continues to deliver efficient, safe and reliable digital financial solutions,” said David Tyrie, chief digital officer and head of global marketing at Bank of America. “Our digital capabilities allow our clients to easily manage every aspect of their financial lives across banking, investing, lending and retirement, with access to advice and guidance from our financial professionals and through our financial centers when they need it.”