August 18-20, 2021 | The event for senior mortgage executives
* Due to the live aspect of the event, sessions may start or end at slightly different times than those listed. It is advised to show up 5-10 minutes prior to scheduled start times.
Wednesday, August 18th — 4:00 PM – 4:45 PM (ET)
KEYNOTE: Economic Update
Not Your Average Market: A Modern Economist’s Perspective of Housing in 2021 — 4:20 pm ET
Forget the “same old, same old” economic blah blah and understand today’s housing market in a new and meaningful way.
Dr. Skylar Olsen, one of her generation’s leading voices in housing economics, gives a fresh take on today’s unique housing market. This millennial star economist is passionate about the housing industry, from the economic impact of climate change on housing, to the ways different markets impact various communities.
Skylar is Principal Economist at ClimateCheck.com, a startup that allows users to get a climate-related risk assessment based on property address, Founder of consultancy Reimagine Economics, and Principal Economist at Tomo, the mortgage startup founded by two former execs at Zillow, where she worked for eight years.
In 2019, Skylar testified before Congress’ Housing Financial Services Committee, based on the hearing of “The Fair Housing Act: Reviewing Efforts to Eliminate Discrimination and Promote Opportunity in Housing.”
Skylar is frequently sought after for commentary in both local and national print and broadcast media.
- Dr. Skylar Olsen, Principal Economist, ClimateCheck.com; Principal Economist, Tomo; Founder, Reimagine Economics; former Senior Principal Economist at Zillow
Virtual Cocktail Party — 4:45 pm ET
Join your friends and other top executives for virtual networking that’s better than most live events.
Thursday, August 19th — 10:00 am – 4:40 pm ET
Race & Homeownership in 2021’s Hot Housing Market — 10:05 am ET
Today’s housing market is breaking records and experts say it’s no bubble. How is the hot housing market — with its multiple offers, all-cash deals, no-contingency sales, and sales prices far above asking — impacting communities of color?
Three noted exec experts dig into the real impact this market is having on communities of color in 2021. Find out why it’s so important to consider this issue as we move forward, and how the industry can work together to address these challenges.
- Keosha Burns, Executive Director, Senior Advisor, Community & Affordable Lending, Chase
- Tony Thompson, Founder/CEO, NAMMBA
- Dalila Ramos, Vice President, Diversity of Growth, EPM
Communicating Company Values through Branding — 11:00 am ET
Two rebranding experts discuss the techniques companies use to convey their values to their customers, end users, employees, partners and local community.
- Kelly Ann Doherty, Chief People & Communications Officer, Mr. Cooper
- Erika Martin, Director of Marketing at Enact (formerly Genworth)
The Career Impact of Mortgage’s Digital Transformation — 11:50 am ET
Join two multi-decade mortgage industry veterans as they discuss how the industry’s digital evolution impacted their careers, ideas, and viewpoints on the industry, as well as the legacies they want to leave behind.
- Christy Moss, CMB, Head of Sales & Marketing, FormFree
- Jocelyn Brooks, National Account Manager, FormFree
Expanding Product Lines (and Profits) with Reverse Mortgages —
12:20 pm ET
Reverse mortgages are still one of the best kept secrets among certain lenders. Most lenders don’t realize that this rapidly growing market can provide a profitable revenue stream that yields high satisfaction ratings, not only among customers, but among originators and staff as well.
- Learn how to add reverse mortgage to your product line, from tech to operations to training — and look like a hero inside your organization
- Discover the myths and misconceptions about this often misunderstood product line
- Find out how to move to implementation, avoid mortifying mistakes and incorporate this channel into your existing processes.
- Sunny Madhii, VP, Operations, ReverseVision
- Carissa Orozco, Director of Business Development – Strategic Partners, ReverseVision
20 Minute Mentor: Jackie Dunlap — 12:45 pm ET
- Jackie Dunlap, Broker/Owner, NextGeneration Home Loans
How to Maximize Your POS to its Fullest Potential — 1:45 pm ET
Mortgage lenders today are faced with an opportunity: deliver a quick and seamless experience to consumers or fall behind. Implementing an end-to-end digital lending platform is key to streamlining application intake. Learn the best practices that LendUS is doing to integrate POS, CRM, and marketing practices from lead to application, underwriting, closing and funding.
Join us for an informative discussion on how lenders are using technology to meet today’s challenges and the SimpleNexus and LendUS strategic partnership to deliver more value for their lenders, referral partners, and borrowers.
- Amanda Methot, Director of Marketing, LendUS
- Paul Drobot, SVP Sales, SimpleNexus
Capturing Closing Efficiency in the Looming Purchase Market — 2:10 pm ET
The market’s inevitable transition to a purchase money market will increase the volume of settlement service providers — along with their related time consuming, fragmented activities — in the mortgage chain. As a result, lenders without a definitive strategy for streamlinining activities, formalizing process and preventing lost labor hours will spend (and waste) a lot more resources than their prepared competitors.
Join two execs — one lender, one tech — as they discuss where, in the mortgage (and purchase) process lenders can and should gain efficiences, as well as tips and tricks that lenders are using to avoid pitfalls and navigate time-draining challenges.
- Jennifer Folk, SVP/National TPO Fulfillment Center Leader, Sierra Pacific Mortgage
- Craig Austin, Executive Vice President, Sales & Business Development, ClosingCorp
Executive Survey: How Lenders Address Today’s Top Issues — 2:35 pm ET
Lender executives have revealed their top issues to include costly duplicative touchpoints and time-draining email traffic, as well as the need for tools that improve capacity, communication and turn around times. But there’s so much more. In this session, two senior lender executives and one tech exec explore findings from WFG’s executive roundtable and its ongoing executive surveys, and discuss how they and their lender peers are addressing them.
- Christy Soukhamneut, CMB, CMPS, Chief of Staff/Director of Strategic Mortgage Initiatives, Flagstar Bank
- Suzy Lindblom, Chief Operating Officer, Kind Lending
- Dan Bailey, SVP, WFG Lender Services
20 Minute Mentor: Caitlin Green — 3:25 pm ET
- Caitlin Green, SVP, Head of Marketing & Corporate Communications, ServiceLink
Friday, August 20th — 10:00 am – 4:40 pm ET
Lender Showcase: Inside EPM — 10:05 am
Get an insider’s look at one of the industry’s fast growing lenders.
Equity Prime Mortgage (EPM) was founded at the height of the mortgage crisis in 2008 and has grown to become one of the leading mortgage lenders in the U.S., licensed in 49 states and operating 18 office locations across the nation. EPM provides an array of lending resources such as conventional, FHA, VA, 203K, reverse and USDA loans, and is a trusted Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac & Ginnie Mae Seller/Servicer.
In this session, four C-level execs take us inside the culture and core values of this aggressively growing lender. What sets them apart and how are they succeeding? Tune in for lessons learned and how they built The EPM Way.
- Suha Zehl, Chief Analytics Officer
- Kerry Cole, Chief Wholesale Officer
- Jason Frazier, Chief Strategy Officer
- Eric Skates, Chief People Officer
The Real-World Impact of Bots — 10:55 am ET
We’ve all heard of lenders implementing borrower-facing chatbots, but using them internally? Yes. In fact, in today’s high volume, culture-focused environment, bots make. moresense than ever. Join a high ranking lender executive and a bot/RPA expert as they explore how lenders can use bots internally to improve communication, efficiency and employee experience.
- Jodi Hall, President, Nationwide Mortgage Bankers & Americasa
- Sammie Stephens, VP, Customer Success, Capacity
Cutting Through the Noise – Meaningful Innovations in Valuation Tech — 11:20 am ET
Valuation tech has advanced a lot in the last few years but it can be hard to decipher what’s fact and what’s hype. Join this session for a conversation between a lender executive and a valuation insider, as they separate hyped up jargon from the true advancements that make a bottom line difference.
- Jennifer Folk, SVP/National TPO Fulfillment, Sierra Pacific Mortgage
- Kiana Escandon, Western Region Account Executive, Global DMS
C-Suite Conversation: Leadership in a Time of Digital Transformation — 12:10 pm ET
The pandemic pushed companies out of their comfort zones and into much-needed technological advancement. It also left many mortgage companies in a state of “tech overload” exhaustion — in a market where technology use could mean the difference between success and failure.
In this session, two of the mortgage industry’s most admired C-suite leaders discuss the challenges of leading teams in the Covid-19 era; strategies for promoting innovation, productivity and continued technology adoption; and reasons a continued focus on technology is so important going forward.
- Suzy Lindblom, COO, Kind Lending
- Shelley Leonard, EVP, Chief Product Officer, Black Knight
Leaders in Conversation: Next-Stage Lessons from 2020 — 12:55 pm ET
Join two respected executive leaders for an intimate discussion on lessons learned from guiding teams and leading companies during 2020’s many changes and challenges.
- Learn how each leader adapted to the pandemic’s WFH mandates, the nation’s increased focus on social justice, and uber-high origination volumes.
- Find out which skill sets and past experiences most helped them navigate 2020’s unprecedented circumstances
- Discover the new leadership skills and lessons they mastered to keep their companies moving forward
Kimberly Nichols, Senior Managing Director, PennyMac Loan Services, LLC.
Claudia J. Merkle, CEO, National Mortgage Insurance Corporation
eClosing Implementations for Executives: Keys to Success —
1:40 pm ET
A successful implementation can make an executive’s career. A failed one can marr it. Any implementation can be tricky, but with so many nuanced variables to consider, eNotes can be even more so. In this session, a lender executive speaks with experts in eNotes and implementations to reveal the keys to a methodical, well-executed transition to eNotes.
- Learn the four keys to success
- Discover how to heighten adoption among LO’s and branch managers
- Learn how to avoid potential pitfalls and repercussions of a failed implementation
- Teri Pansing,VP, Corporate Closing, Fairway Independent Mortgage Corporation
- Amy Moses, Senior Field Marketing Manager, Snapdocs
- Camilia Martin, Head of Industry & Regulatory Affairs, Snapdocs
Avoiding Overvaluation Risk and Appraisal Bias in Today’s Challenging Market — 2:35 pm ET
Our industry is at a new frontier. Housing market inventory is driving up prices, origination volume is running at capacity, and appraisal bias is a reality. This session brings together a lender executive and s valuation expert to discuss the latest on how lenders are using the latest technology to help solve these challenging issues. Join this session to learn:
- How can lenders be sure appraisers are not just matching the hot market prices
- How lenders can use data more objectively to reduce bias within the appraisal cycle
- Jennifer Folk, SVP/National TPO Fulfillment, Sierra Pacific Mortgage
- Kenon Chen, EVP, Corporate Strategy, Clear Capital
20 Minute Mentor: Mindy Stearns — 3:00 pm ET
- Mindy Stearns, Chief Kindness Officer, Kind Lending
Mortgage Compliance in 2021 — 3:25pm ET
A panel of Chief Compliance Officers discuss lenders’ biggest compliance concerns, from evergreen challenges like MLO compensation, to recent changes like QM rulings and APOR guidelines, to post-election topics, like CFPB rule making and direction of the agency — and more.
- Laura LaRaia, Chief Legal Officer and Chief Compliance Officer at Sprout Holdings
- Laurie Sullivan, Chief Compliance Officer, First Guaranty Mortgage Corporation
- Loriann Ventura, SVP, Operational Risk Governance, Kind Lending
Here is a sampling of executives — just a fraction of our registered attendees for #NEXTSUMMER21. Stay tuned to see how this list grows.
VP Implementation Manager, Verus Mortgage Capital
Chief Analytics Officer, EPM
SVP of Wholesale Operations, EPM
Assistant Vice President, Marketing and Communications, Guidance Residential
SVP, National Fulfillment, Planet Home Lending
Manager Realtor Relationships, GO Mortgage
VP Information Systems, George Mason Mortgage LLC
Sr. Sales & Operations Manager, Goldwater Bank
Co-Founder & COO, HighTechLending, Inc.
Director, Correspondent Operations, TIAA Bank
VP PMO, PrimeLending
Marketing Director, First Centennial Mortgage
SVP, Technology Product Manager, PrimeLending
President, Taylor Morrison Home Funding
Chief Operating Officer, SWBC Mortgage Corporation
COO, First Guaranty Mortgage Corp
Vice President-Finance, FirstTrust Home Loans
MLO, Supreme Lending
SVP, Risk Manager, Warehouse Lending, Texas Capital Bank
VP, Technology Product Manager, PrimeLending
VP of Operations, HighTechLending, Inc
AVP Mortgage Compliance & Projects, Mountain America Credit Union
AVP Mortgage Sales, Mountain America Credit Union
VP Branch Administration, Planet Home Lending
SVP, Head of Correspondent Lending, TIAA Bank
VP Marketing, Guidance
SVP of Underwriting Initiatives, CrossCrountry Mortgage, LLC
VP Global Strategic Sourcing, Caliber Home Loans
SVP, National Sales Manager Correspondent Lending, TIAA Bank
Chief Compliance Officer, Legacy Mutual Mortgage
Business Process Improvement Manager, DHI Mortgage
VP, Relationship Manager Structured Mortgage Finance, TIAA Bank
AVP Mortgage Operations, Mountain America Credit Union
Vice President Operations, Republic State Mortgage
First Vice President, Orange Coast Lender Services
SVP Compliance & QC, SWBC Mortgage Corporation
Senior Vice President, Prosperity Bank
Vice President, Promontory MortgagePath
Director, Wholesale Marketing & Training, loanDepot Wholesale
VP Compliance, First Guaranty Mortgage Corporation
Chief Compliance Officer, Cherry Creek Mortgage, LLC
Systems Manager, Alpha Mortgage Corporation
Compliance Director, Benchmark Mortgage
SVP & Head of Mortgage Banking, East West Bank
SVP Real Estate Lending, Members 1st FCU
VP, Relationship Manager Structured Mortgage Finance, TIAA Bank
SVP Marketing & Communications, Highlands Residential Mortgage
VP Marketing, Planet Home Lending LLC
Mortgage Manager, Patelco Credit Union
Chief Compliance Officer, First Guaranty Mortgage Corporation
Marketing Assistant, Longbridge Financial
Win an iconic NEXT Tiffany bracelet
If you’ve been following along via our social media, you may have noticed some of your friends showing off this amazing prize from past events. Well, here’s your chance to win your very own!
All registered attendees are automatically entered to win an iconic Tiffany bracelet, engraved with the NEXT logo.
NEXT Tiffany bracelets are only available as prizes, exclusively for NEXT’s VIP community.